Remco has extensive experience in supervising complex international implementation projects of new legislation and regulations for financial institutions. He knows how to translate complex legal issues into pragmatic solutions. He has facilitated many improvement trajectories of risk and compliance organizations.
Within the framework of applicable law, taking into account acceptable risks, he always achieves the highest possible outcome for clients. He provides insight,looks beyond the organization and functions as a legal sounding board at every level, challenging but supportive.
- Assisting payment institutions and Trust companies in Wwft recovery processes
- Supervising DNB registrations and Copmpliance officer for crypto service providers
- Trainer Ministry of Compliance Wwft courses and mentor/trainer Ministry of Compliance Compliance Officer course
- Developing and implementing global CDD policy for an international bank
- Implementing a transaction monitoring system in an international banking wholesale environment
- Assessing and improving the set-up and functioning of risk and compliance organizations
- Coordinating and facilitating various expertise groups in the area of compliance topics and processes
- Participating as a legal/compliance representative in bank-wide legislative projects and operational improvement trajectories
- Coordinating policy review processes for AML, CDD, Market Abuse and Conflicts of Interest
- Coordinating inhouse counsel for international corp